FlexPoint® Modular Media Converters from Black Box are versatile and cost-effective standalone media converters that you can upgrade to a chassis-based system. They provide the ultimate in flexibility and reliability for your expanding multimedia LAN.
FlexPoint offers a very wide range of converter options, including media converters for legacy media such as ThinNet and 10BASE-FL.
Your choices include:
• Fast Ethernet
• Gigabit Ethernet
• Single-Mode Fibre
• Multimode Fibre
• Long-distance Fibre Converters
• ATM OC-3
• ATM OC-12
• 10/100 Rate Converters
• T1/E1 Line Drivers
The incredible variety and versatility of this system make it ideal for networks that are subject to constant upgrades and changes.
Tailor the system to your requirements. Get the media converters you need now and use them individually. Then, when your LAN grows, mount your media converters on the wall, in the 5-Position Rackmounting Kit, or as modules in the Power Chassis. The Power Chassis holds 14 media converters and a Single or Dual AC or DC Power Supply.
10BASE-T to BNC
• Connect 10BASE-T devices to ThinNet (coax) devices.
• Supports ThinNet cable to 185 metres and up to 30 stations.
• UTP crossover switch plus automatic polarity detection.
• Switch-selectable ThinNet line termination.
10BASE-FL to BNC
• Connect ThinNet network segments via fibre optic cable while retaining their collision domain.
• Support single- or multimode fibre optic cable connections to 2 kilometres.
• Support ThinNet cable to 185 metres and 30 stations.
• Switch-selectable ThinNet line termination.
10BASE-T to 10BASE-FL
• Convert 10BASE-T (twisted pair) to 10BASE-FL (fibre).
• Adapt automatically to 10-Mbps half-duplex or 20-Mbps full-duplex Ethernet.
• Increase bandwidth and distance in full-duplex operation.
• A UTP crossover switch eliminates the need for a crossed cable.
100BASE-TX to 100BASE-FX and -LX
• Convert 100BASE-TX (twisted pair) to 100BASE-FX or -LX (fibre).
• Connect Fast Ethernet switches, hubs, and workstations up to 110 kilometres!
• Autosense half- and full-duplex.
• Manual override switch provides manual control of half- and full-duplex operation.
• The UTP crossover switch eliminates the need for crossed Ethernet cables.
• Multimode and Single-Mode versions are available.
10BASE-T/100BASE-TX to 10BASE-FL
• Link copper-based 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX to 100BASE-FX fibre media.
• Function as a Layer 2 switch — each port is capable of learning and aging up to 1K MAC addresses.
• Both UTP and Fibre ports support half- and full-duplex operation.
• Order a single-mode version to go longer distances — up to 58 kilometres.
• UTP port autosenses 10- or 100-Mbps speeds.
• Manual override switch for extra control over fibre and UTP ports.
• Crossover switch provides easy connections to hubs or switches.
1000BASE-T to 1000BASE-SX and -X
• Gigabit speeds! Convert your copper Gigabit Ethernet network to fibre.
• Support IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T and 1000BASE-SX/-X standards.
• Send data from 220 metres up to an incredible 65 kilometres, depending on the model.
• Both UTP and fibre ports support full- and half-duplex operation.
• Manual switches give you the option to control port operation.
• Diagnostic LEDs report power availability and status of attached devices.
10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T to 1000BASE-X SFP
• All the features and speed of the LMC1017A series but equipped with a slot for your choice of SFP fibre transceiver..
• Modular! When your network needs change, simply plug in a new SFP for a different fibre type and distance.
Token Ring UTP to Fibre
• Autosense 4-/16-Mbps Token Ring.
• Supports both active and passive Token Ring MAUs and concentrators.
• The UTP crossover switch eliminates crossed cables.
• Network distance up to 2.5 kilometres on multimode cable.
• Self-configures automatically to operate on Token Ring main ring as well as lobe connections.
100-Mbps Fibre-to-Fibre Mode Converters
• Convert, extend mismatched fibre segments.
• Get extra distance with the single-mode — up to 58 kilometres with the LH models!
• LMC25xAE models support 10- and 100-Mbps Ethernet and full-duplex operation.
Mode Converters for ATM OC-3 and OC-12
• Support OC-3 or OC-12 standards over ATM networks and the Synchronous Optical NETwork (SONET)
• Perfect for extending line drops in large corporations, regional and national telco switching offices, and other intercampus telecommunication systems
10/100 Rate Converters
• Link copper-based 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX to 100BASE-FX
• Function as a Layer 2 switch each port is capable of learning and aging up to 1024 MAC addresses
• Send data up to 100 kilometres
• Comply with 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 100BASE-FX IEEE 802.3 standards
• Both UTP and fibre ports support full- and half-duplex operation
• UTP port autosenses 10- or 100-Mbps speeds
• Manual override switch for extra control over fibre and UTP ports
• Crossover switch provides easy connections to hubs or switches
T1/E1 Copper to Fibre Line Drivers
• Extend T1/E1 over fibre
• Convert coax and twisted pair to multimode or single-mode fibre
Modular CatalogueThe book no IT-Specialist can do without!
Mail a friend